Boost Your Confidence with ClearCorrect
If crooked or misaligned teeth make you hesitant to show your smile, ClearCorrect could help enhance your appearance and boost your self-confidence. Since 2006, our dental team at Thomas F. Brown, DDS has trusted this orthodontic treatment, recommending it as an alternative to traditional braces. Let’s delve into what ClearCorrect is and explore its benefits.
What Is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is a treatment that straightens your teeth. The system uses clear orthodontic appliances called aligners to gradually move the teeth. These aligners are crafted specifically to fit your mouth using advanced technology. Once in place, they exert gentle pressure on your teeth, causing them to gradually shift into the desired place.
What Does ClearCorrect Involve?
With ClearCorrect, you receive a series of clear aligners. Depending on your needs, you may wear just one aligner on your top or bottom teeth or have a dual arch set of two for the top and bottom. You wear each one for a specific length of time and then move on to the next set. During the treatment process, you visit our office periodically for checkups. This ensures that treatment is progressing as planned.
ClearCorrect offers three treatment plans:
- Limited 6 gives you six single or dual arch aligners and is generally ideal for those who need only minor corrections.
- Limited 12 gives you 12 single or dual arch aligners and is generally ideal for those who need moderate corrections.
- Unlimited supplies you with as many single or dual arch aligners as needed and is generally ideal for those who require complex corrections.
No matter which treatment plan is right for you, you’ll wear your aligners for 22 hours every day. You can take them out to eat, brush and floss.
How Long Does Treatment with ClearCorrect Take?
How long treatment with ClearCorrect takes depends on the complexity of your plan of treatment. The shortest course of treatment is about 6 months. More complicated corrections may take 18 to 24 months. Wearing your aligners throughout most of the day as recommended helps to ensure that treatment progresses as quickly as possible.
Benefits of ClearCorrect Over Traditional Braces
Compared to braces, ClearCorrect has many advantages, including:
- No dietary restrictions. Chewy, sticky foods can get lodged in braces, and hard foods could damage them. You can take your ClearCorrect aligners out before you enjoy a meal or snack in Naperville, so you don’t have to give up caramels, popcorn, nuts, corn on the cob, and other favorites.
- Easier daily oral care. The wires and brackets of braces can get in the way of your daily oral care routine. Because you can remove your aligners, you can brush and floss the way you always do.
- Less impact on your appearance. Traditional braces are easy to spot when you talk, laugh, and smile. ClearCorrect aligners are transparent and much more difficult to see. If you want to snap a selfie, you can even take your aligners out.
- Less irritation. Wires and brackets can rub against your tongue and the soft tissues in your mouth, leading to discomfort. ClearCorrect is less likely to cause irritation that interferes with your daily comfort.
- A shorter length of treatment. A review of clinical studies found that overall, aligners such as ClearCorrect required a shorter treatment time than traditional braces.
The first step toward getting a ClearCorrect smile is to visit our office in Naperville which is experienced with the aligner system. During a consultation, our team at Thomas F. Brown, DDS will examine your mouth and take impressions, photographs, and x-rays and determine if ClearCorrect is the right treatment option for you.
Ready to Learn More About ClearCorrect?
There is no better time than now to straighten your smile. Contact our office today to learn more about ClearCorrect and how they help enhance your appearance and confidence.