Cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized dental specialty by the American Dental Association, so dentists aren’t required to undergo training before claiming the title of Cosmetic Dentist. This may help keep the cost of cosmetic procedures affordable, but it does nothing to help patients find a qualified cosmetic dentist.
Dr. Thomas F. Brown holds membership in the Academy of Facial Esthetics, an organization through which he takes continuing education classes in cosmetic techniques. He has also earned many certifications, including Botox and Clear Correct Braces. Dr. Brown has taken courses at the three big names in dental postgraduate education: Kois Center, Las Vegas Institute, and Dawson Academy. His years of experience providing cosmetic dentistry and facial esthetics treatments have made him a qualified and respected cosmetic dentist in the Naperville area.
Here are some of the most common questions we hear about cosmetic dentistry, along with our expert answers. If you have additional questions, call our office at 630-369-3120 for a consultation.
What treatments fall under the heading cosmetic dentistry?
To help you understand the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures, here’s a list of the treatments/procedures and their definitions.
- Porcelain Veneers: beautiful, durable, handcrafted shells that fit over front teeth to improve shape, size, color, and alignment
- Teeth Whitening: safe and effective chemical bleaching for discolored tooth enamel
- White Fillings: composite resin dental fillings, shaded to blend with natural tooth enamel
- White Crowns: ceramic/porcelain dental crowns shaded to match surrounding teeth
- Bonding: composite resin applied where needed to add structure to teeth
- Contouring: removal of excess tooth enamel
- ClearCorrect and Invisalign: clear, removable orthodontic aligners that straighten teeth
What does cosmetic dentistry cost?
Cost is based on many factors. The treatments you want, how many teeth are to be treated, the condition of your oral health, and the materials we use contribute to the price of cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Brown works to keep costs affordable because everyone deserves to love their smile.
Since dental insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic dentistry, we work with a popular third-party financial institution. CareCredit offers low- and no-interest, monthly payment plans so that nearly everyone can afford cosmetic dentistry!
Who’s a good candidate for cosmetic dental procedures?
These conditions warrant a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Brown so that he can help you decide whether cosmetic dentistry is a good idea for you.
- Stains, discoloration, white horizontal lines
- Chips, small cracks, crazing (weblike cracks)
- Wide or uneven spacing
- Crowding, overlapping
- Metal or dark fillings and crowns; obvious, bulky dental work
- Unevenness (teeth too long/short, big/small, asymmetry)
- Ridges or sharp edges
- Gum overgrowth or unevenness
What’s the most affordable and effective single cosmetic treatment Dr. Brown offers?
Teeth whitening is by far the most popular cosmetic treatment in our office and across the globe. Tooth enamel discoloration makes a person look older and less healthy than they may actually be. By whitening teeth, a person can appear more attractive, younger, and healthier. One study showed that after teeth whitening, individuals were more likely to be offered a job and higher salary than applicants who didn’t undergo whitening!
How do I schedule a cosmetic consultation?
Call our Naperville dental office at 630-369-3120 and schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Brown. After a thorough oral evaluation, x-rays, and discussion with you about your expectations and primary concerns, he’ll create a custom treatment plan to accomplish your goals and fit your budget.