Dental Cleanings in Naperville, IL
The American Dental Association recommends dental checkups with a doctor and a hygienist at least every six months (2 times per year).This allows them to thoroughly clean your teeth and prevent any oral health problems. Doctors may recommend individuals with gum disease or any other condition to have more frequent exams and deeper cleanings.
Below are the procedures that are completed during your cleaning appointment:
- Reviewing of any of your concerns
- Head and Neck Screening: Exam for abnormalities or cancer.
- Comprehensive Oral Exam: Both the Doctor and the hygienist carefully examines your mouth, teeth, and gums.
- X-rays: Digital X-Rays are taken to show us any decay between, inside, and under the teeth, as well as the alignment of your teeth.
- Intraoral Photos are taken of your teeth and the inside of your mouth.
- Professional Cleaning: The registered hygienist uses specialized instruments and techniques to thoroughly clean and polish all surfaces of your teeth. They remove tartar, plaque build up, and any stains from your mouth.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Checking for signs of oral cancer inside of your mouth before any existing symptoms.
- Fluoride Treatment: Fluoride helps minimize tooth decay, eliminate bacteria, and minimize root sensitivity.
- Treatment of Gum Disease (if needed)
- Treatment Recommendations
Dental Hygienists are available to answer any of your oral health questions/concerns and to help you maintain your oral and overall health.