Invisalign® treatment is a revolutionary cosmetic treatment that quickly and effectively shifts teeth into favorable alignment. But, with all the hype surrounding Invisalign, you may have some questions about what to expect from the treatment.
Dr. Thomas F. Brown and his knowledgeable team take great pride in educating their patients. If you have questions about Invisalign, your dental health, or anything else, call our Naperville, IL, dental office at (630) 369-3120 for friendly, judgment-free advice.
The Invisalign brand proudly touts its effectiveness, with data suggesting that the system has transformed more than 14 million smiles. But, how much do you really know about Invisalign? Here, we answer some of your frequently asked questions (FAQs) so that you know what to expect.
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
Typically, treatment timelines depend on several factors, such as:
- Case complexity: The more complex the misalignment, the longer it may take to correct.
- Age: Generally, children, teens, and young adults can straighten their teeth faster with orthodontics than other patients. This is because bone tissue solidifies as we get older, making it more difficult to move teeth into proper alignment over time.
- Treatment adherence: Patients must wear their aligners for at least 20 hours every day to see the results that they want in their expected timeline. Furthermore, patients must swap their aligners frequently to advance in their treatment plan. Failure to wear or swap aligners as directed could significantly prolong treatment timelines.
In general, patients with mild to moderate misalignments may correct their smiles in as little as six months. However, patients with severe misalignments may need closer to a year (or more) to correct their smiles.
How can I make Invisalign treatment faster?
There are several things patients can do to speed up their results, such as:
- Wear aligners for at least 20 hours a day (aim for 22 hours daily for best results)
- Attend all dentist appointments
- Swap aligners more frequently (every week as opposed to every other week)
- Brush after every snack or meal to avoid cavities
- Ask your dentist if an acceleration device in conjunction with Invisalign trays is right for you
How much does Invisalign cost?
Similar to treatment timelines, the cost of Invisalign is highly variable depending on:
- Case complexity
- Dentist location
- Dentist experience
- Insurance coverage
- Treatment adherence
On average, most patients with Invisalign can expect to pay roughly $3,000 with insurance. Without insurance, patients may pay closer to $5,000.
Am I a good candidate?
Ideal candidates include patients with:
- Mild to moderate dental misalignments
- Strong discipline
- Relatively good oral health (i.e. patients must treat all active cavities before treatment)
- An interest in discreet orthodontia
Ultimately, an in-depth consultation with a trusted dentist in Naperville, IL, will tell you if Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Explore Your Candidacy with Dr. Thomas Brown
Are you ready to see if Invisalign is right for you? Schedule your consultation online here, or call our Naperville dental office at (630) 369-3120 to get started now!